The Student Prints

The Student News Site of Sylvania Northview High School

The Student Prints

The Student Prints

Why you should choose Trade School

Many people will disagree, but college is not for everyone. There are many students that are smart and capable of being successful that don’t do well in traditional schools. However, there is another option: trade school.

Trade school is “a type of educational institution, which, depending on the country, may refer to either secondary or post-secondary education designed to provide vocational education, or technical skills required to complete the tasks of a particular and specific job,” according to onlineschoolcenteer.com. 

Trade school focuses on the direct skills necessary to excel at a profession. People in the trades do work like plumbing and electrical. People in these fields can make anywhere from $15- $30 per hour.  

It doesn’t make sense to tell students that are graduating high school to go to college. Most trade schools take about half the time it takes to get a bachelor’s degree at a traditional college.  “Almost all trade school programs can be finished in less than two years,” according to prepscholar.com.

The trades are an industry that will always have consumers. People constantly clog their toilets and have to call a plumber, or remodel their kitchens and have to hire an electrician. The need for people in the trades will never cease in the foreseeable future.  

Students who struggle in the typical classroom should be encouraged to consider pursuing trade school. They would have a bright future ahead of them with many opportunities in a setting that allows the student to stand out.