STUCO is Back

Many students gathered after school for the first Student Council meeting of the year on September 5. Although several students having been working through the summer, this meeting serves as a kick off for the rest of the year.

All Student Council meetings are held the first Wednesday of every month. There has been a drastic increase in members in Student Council this year, because of this, STUCO held a new member meeting immediately following their first meeting in order to get new members up to speed.

“I’m really excited for all the different events STUCO puts on and at the meeting, I got to learn more about specific events I have heard about,” freshman Kate Lalalette said.

Student Council is a club many students are involved in to make Northview better and more fun through planned events. Members of this club are required to attend at least 70% of events and get points for their attendance. STUCO helps make many events that happen every week around the school more fun and exciting including events before football games like the Color Cloud, school dances including Homecoming and Turnabout, and pep assemblies.

Students that attended this meeting chose to be part of one or many committees involved in the planning of specific events throughout the year. There are a few new committees this year including the Officer In Training committee known as the School Improvement committee and the MVP committee which is for people who want to be more involved in Student Council.

“We have an amazing team this year and I’m excited to see how well we work together. We have tons of new events in the works so I’m hype to see how much we can accomplish this school year,” Student Council President Paige Beattie said.