All School Assembly

The third annual All School Academic Assembly took place on April 27 directly after first period and went until around 9:50 a.m.

At this assembly students were recognized for their academic achievements throughout the 2016-’17 school year. Some parents also attended the assembly to watch as their students  were acknowledged for their achievements.

All students receiving an award got an email regarding their award and were asked to sit on the gym floor in chairs during the assembly. Any student that received a 3.5 or above cumulative GPA for the year was given a certificate and small gift either a Northview lanyard or water bottle. All of these student’s names were announced and these students got out of their seats and walked up to receive their awards from their counselor.  

The Harmony Road Show and North Covers also performed at this assembly. Harmony Road Show performed a mashup of Lost Boy and Seven Years and got the opportunity to work on this piece with a professional that worked on the movie Pitch Perfect. “I love getting to listen to Harmony Road Show perform at school events. They always sound so amazing,” sophomore Grace Nowak said.  

The North Covers performed My Shot from Hamilton at the beginning of the assembly and Harmony Road Show performed in between all of the awards.  

In between the GPA recognition, awards for specific subject areas were given out. Students were recognized for their state and national qualifications and achievements in curricular and co-curricular activities.  For example, over 80 world language awards were given out during this assembly.

“This assembly is a great way for students who work really hard in school to be recognized for all their work in school,” sophomore Lexi Knight said.  

The All School Academic Assembly gave many students an opportunity to be acknowledged for everything they have achieved this year.  

Josie Umfleet, Staff Writer