Lady Gaga Performance

Thirty year-old popstar Lady Gaga performed at halftime of the the 51st annual Super Bowl football game. More than 100 million viewers tuned in for Gaga’s performance. The halftime show was filled with acrobatics, dancing, and creative staging arrangements.  Lady Gaga’s costume for most of the performance consisted of a silver sequined body suit paired with sparkling matching heel knee-boots.   

Gaga started the performance at the top of the roof of the stadium by reciting part of the Pledge of Allegiance followed by singing part of the civil rights anthem This Is Your Land by Woody Guthrie. She then surprised the audience by jumping of the roof and down to the stage while being connected to cables. “Lady Gaga jumping off the roof was my favorite part. It looked so terrifying I could never do that; I’d probably chicken out in the middle of the performance,” freshman Justine Umfleet said.

Gaga then continued her performance with her hit Born This Way while performing aerial acrobatics through the air.  She then sang her hit songs Poker Face, Telephone, Bad Romance, and one of her newer hits Million Reasons.  

Gaga was accompanied up on the stage by several dancers throughout the show. The large crowd on the floor during the performance held flashlights and swayed them in synchronization  during the performance.

“Lady Gaga killed it at the Super Bowl. Her show was so entertaining and was honestly the best part of the game,” sophomore Grace Nowak said.  Lady Gaga’s performance at the 51st Super Bowl didn’t disappoint.    

Josie Umfleet, Staffer Writer