The Student Prints

The Student News Site of Sylvania Northview High School

The Student Prints

The Student Prints

LadyKats Tennis off to a hot start

The LadyKats having been serving up the wins as they come to the end of the 2015-16 Varsity Tennis season.

This year senior captains Abbie Ciucci and Sam Howald felt a bittersweet end to their tennis careers.  

“This being my last year of tennis, it’s kind of bittersweet,” senior captain Abbie Ciucci said. “This year was the best I’ve ever played, yet it’s also really sad because this is the last time playing tennis with my team, and in general. I’m not playing tennis in college, so it’s really my last time.”

In the match against Springfield at home September 17, Ciucci played the longest match of the season. It started at 4pm and continued so long that at 8pm the officials and coaches called the match because it was too dark to see.

The girls had to finish the match Saturday morning with the entire match lasting around four and a half hours. Ciucci won in a tie-breaker in the third set. The Springfield player was undefeated in the NLL until Ciucci won this match.

The LadyKats have had a good season so far, the overall record being 8-6. They won the Springfield match 5-0 and the Maumee Valley match 5-0. They lost in the Anthony Wayne match 1-4 and the Perrysburg match 0-5.

In the big rivalry against Southview, the girls won 4-1.

Last year in the Northern Lakes League, the LadyKats ranked in third place. This year NLLs started September 21.

Riley Runnells, Staff Writer