STUCO Planning Day

Student Council will be losing valuable members next year as six out of the seven current officers graduate in June. Because of this huge loss and the extreme growth STUCO has seen over the past year, the advisors decided to give the officers a day of planning for the upcoming 2018 – ‘19 school year on April 20.

“The day was helpful to plan and prepare for next year. As officers, we have been doing this for so long that we know what improvements are needed and what we want to change, so this was a good way to put everything together and organize for next year. We were focused and got so much done, I was proud of all the work we did,” STUCO President Grace Cappellini.  

This hard working day consisted of making a digital binder of the “How- To’s” of student council. Each officer outlined their role and duties as part of STUCO. Additionally they also gave instructions for each event they do. Everything from assemblies to Powderpuff and Turnabout were outline in the detailed, thought-out plans.

“Seeing how passionate they are about the organization and how hard they are working to improve it brings me such joy. I love all of these officers and are going to miss them when they leave,” STUCO Advisor Tami Blue said.

The day was finished off with Balance and bubble tea as the officers shared their final products with the group.

-Kayla Thielen