The Student Prints

The Student News Site of Sylvania Northview High School

The Student Prints

The Student Prints

5 things to be thankful for this holiday season

1. Family and Friends

They bring us comfort, love, and kindness. Who knows where we would be without them. They are our base and stand by our side through every success and failure that we have.

“I live for family and friends. My mom and dad are the reason that I’m alive. They have always been by my side and I wouldn’t trade them for anything…maybe some stuffing,” sophomore Kylie Karam said.

1. Food

Without continually having this, we would all be cranky and mean towards each other. It is truly a blessing to have a plethora of turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry, green beans, and pumpkin pie.

“There is nothing better to do on Thanksgiving then indulging on turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffing,” freshman Connor McCann said.

1. Laughter

There is no better feeling than having a sore stomach from laughing so much. It provides for many great memories and lets everyone have an enjoyable time while they are joking around with friends and family.

“Everyone needs laughter. It is scientifically proven that those who laugh will have better lives. It should be our goal as human beings to make other human beings laugh for at least 23 minutes total on Thanksgiving,” sophomore Jake Pizza said.

1. Nature

Who doesn’t love seeing all of the beautiful colors around them when they look outside around Thanksgiving. The leaves, birds, and weather provide a sense of comfort and tranquility among all people.

“All of the colors of the leaves remind me of Thanksgiving. Raking leaves with my family is a bonding experience for my family in every way possible,” junior Sarah Essi said.

1. Freedom

To sit back and enjoy our lives with almost no repercussions is a complete blessing. Americans have many freedoms that countless amounts of people have died for. Others dream of what we have, and it is truly special to be able to live in this country.

“I am so lucky to live in a country where I have the freedom to eat all of the food I want while spending time and giving thanks with my family and friends,” senior Brooke Pickett said.

Jake Mossing, News Editor