College Basketball Tipping Off

With the National Basketball Association already in full swing and college basketball tipping off, it is safe to say we have entered as many say, the greatest time of the year.

The National Collegiate Athletic Association started off with four power houses on the night of November 6, 2018. Although March is when basketball goes buzzing around every news station, the Champions Classic is one that everyone looks for.

In this year’s Champion Classic we had a few big name teams such as Michigan State, Kansas, Duke, and Kentucky.

So far, Duke has been gaining a ton of attention with the start of their incoming recruiting class this year. The Blue Devils rough in the one, two, and three players of the class, and they sure proved themselves. As predicted the Blue Devils have had outstanding seasons, but as many sit back and watch they just might now lose a game this year.

The Jayhawks vs. Spartans started off the evening with what seemed not to be a close game, but ended up being a nailbiter. The Spartans were really wishing they had another crack at the Jayhawks as turnovers, foul trouble and missed free throws all lead to a Spartan loss.

However the Jayhawks got an impressive performance from freshman phenom Quentin Grimes as he paced all the Jayhawks’ with 21 points. Although the Spartans came up a little bit short, their run at the end just couldn’t propel them to a win.

Continuing on to the second game of the night this was controlled solely by the Blue Devils as they handled the Wildcats’ by 34 points.

Strong performances from the Blue Devils top four recruits as RJ Barrett ended the night with 33 points, Zion Williamson 28, and Cam Reddish with 22 points.

Pacing the Wildcats was freshman Keldon Johnson who lead the pack for the Wildcats with 23 points.

As the night unfolded, eyes were definitely opened after the Blue Devils staggering performance.