The Student Prints

The Student News Site of Sylvania Northview High School

The Student Prints

The Student Prints

Making It & Baking It

The Baking Club is a new club meant to give people who love baking desserts and treats the opportunity to do so in a fun environment with friends.

Seniors Hayley Durbak and Rachel Kujawa, as well as advisers Andrea Davis and Bethanne Seifert, started planning for the club last school year and spent the summer creating recipes that would be fun and fairly easy to do.

The Baking Club meets every other Friday in B6 where they bake the chosen recipe that was voted on the week before.

To join the club students need to talk to Mrs. Seifert or Ms. Davis or one of the student leaders to get access to the Google Classroom. Then they will need to obtain a safety contract that will have to be turned in before they are able to participate in any of the baking activities.

A $10 or less fee will also be charged for every Friday students attend to cover ingredient costs. This will have to be turned in the Thursday before the week students are baking.

A limit of 22 people can sign up for every baking week, students only have to pay the fee if they signed up for the week. So be sure to sign up quickly if you are interested in doing a certain dessert.

Students can turn in their safety contract to Ms. Davis in B2 or to Mrs. Seifert in B9. The fee should be given to Ms. Davis or Mrs. Seifert by the Wednesday before students are signed up to bake.