The Student Prints

The Student News Site of Sylvania Northview High School

The Student Prints

The Student Prints

Miller, Knight advance to State Finals

Senior Megan Miller and Freshman Ashley Knight both went to States on October 18.
Miller, who went 40-0 in her League matches, took a trip to Columbus for tennis at the state tournament.

“Going 40-0 was unbelievable to me, I never really thought, or even knew my record, until the end of this year,” Miller said. “It makes me feel like all my hard worked paid off. It is amazing.”

In Miller’s first match she won her first round 6-2, 6-1. Unfortunately in her second match she lost 2-6, 4-6.

“This States experience helped a lot to actually prepare me for college because every single match counts for something,” Miller said. “One of the biggest things I get from States is that the game is very mental, and you have to have control, otherwise your attitude will ruin the rest of the matches that day.”

Knight advanced to States as an individual with a score of 81 at Stone Ridge Golf Club in Bowling Green.

“I am glad that all my hard work is finally starting to pay off. Even though I did not play to the best of my abilities in Columbus, it was still an unforgettable experience,” Knight said.

The first day Knight shot a 90, and followed the second day with a 91.

“I feel I made the most of the situations I was in, and I am now prepared for what to expect in the future,” Knight said.

Andrew Headman, Staff Writer