Cross Country runners ride road to Regionals

The Cross Country teams have finally crossed the finish line to this year’s season. The Boys’ team, coached by David Briggs, wrapped up their season with the District Championships. The meet took place at Pearson Park on October 12. Senior Tyler Rayoum placed fifth overall in the race, followed by a talented sophomore class led by Christian Bohlke.

“We all ran very well even though it was very cold out,” Bohlke said.

Rayoum qualified for the Regionals meet which was held on October 26 in Tiffin. He finished the Regionals race with a time of 17:02.

For the rest of the team, the boys plan to prepare for next year’s season by starting winter striders in December and running nonstop until next year, according to Coach Briggs.

The Girls’ team, coached by Jerry Flowers, ran their way to the District Championships. The team placed sixth at the meet, 15 points away from qualifying for Regionals as a team. Senior Rachel Audet placed 13th and qualified for the Regionals meet.

“Our times overall were pretty good and we all worked really hard but we came up a bit short for Regionals. I’m happy for Rachel making it to Regionals, she worked really hard all season and deserved it,” sophomore Skylar Crandell said.

“I think that after losing our top three girls we had to overcome a lot of challenges and inexperience, but as the season progressed we developed into a stronger and more together team,” junior Mallory Small said.

Audet finished at Regionals with a time of 20:43.

“I’m proud of my overall season and could not ask for a better season,” Audet said.

Even though the season has come to an end, the teams will prepare to start training for next years’ season.

Alli Hartnett, Staff Writer