The Student Prints

The Student News Site of Sylvania Northview High School

The Student Prints

The Student Prints

NV welcomes back students

Wildcat Welcome Day is beneficial for all grades, making the transition to the beginning of the school year a little easier. During these days before school started students could sign up for clubs to get information, get their schedules, get their school picture taken, and buy spirit wear. It is an informative, fun way to start getting involved.

The grade that benefits the most from Wildcat Welcome Day are the freshmen. It is a chance for them to get to know the school and the activities that are offered.

“I liked Wildcat Welcome Day because it helped me learn the school so I wouldn’t get lost. I also met a lot of new people which was helpful,” freshman Meghan Vandenbroek said.

Other students, such as Grace Nowak, agreed with Vandenbroek saying that it really helped them transition into the new school year.

Although it does help the freshmen, it also helps other grades, giving them a chance to look at clubs that they may not have considered before this year. Clubs such as Melting Pot, sports teams, Interact, Leadership Academy, the theatre and many more were present.

“With the help of Wildcat Welcome Days, I got involved in a lot of things that I never have even heard of before. It also gives me helpful information about the clubs I was already a part of,” sophomore Mary Matrisciano said.

Emily Nowak, Staff Writer