Netflix cutting back shows and movies

Netflix cutting back shows and movies

Netflix junkies and movie fans alike will be Netflix-binging more than usual this October, as Netflix is removing some favorite movies and TV shows to make room for some new additions.

Many of the films and TV shows removed were taken off of the site October 1, but the list of discontinued shows and movies will be lengthening as October goes on.

Surprisingly enough, some of the movies removed were classic horror films such as The Exorcist and A Nightmare on Elm Street, included in the October 1 removal date with many of the other items. Horror movie fans have no need to fret however, as newer thriller movies are being added to replace the old films just in time for Halloween.

Recent horror films like the Curse of Chucky, and the Lazarus Effect are taking the spotlight over the slightly outdated, but still loveable, horror flicks that Netflix removed, possibly making way for a more modern feel when it comes to horror movies on the site.

Other movies and TV shows that were removed from the site October 1 include other recognizable titles, including Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern, Ella Enchanted, Romeo and Juliet, Saturday Night Live, The Crocodile Hunter, The Hunt for Red October, The Phantom of the Opera, and Twilight.

In order to make up for the some of the shows and movies being removed from Netflix, many shows have added the most recent seasons onto Netflix, extending the shows out longer. Some of these shows include CW hits like The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, and Arrow.

In addition to these newly extended TV shows, some new movies will be added as well to make up for the loss. These include movies like Batman Begins, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, A Christmas Carol, The Bourne Supremacy, and The Walt Disney Animation Studios Short Film Collection.

For a complete list of the shows being added to Netflix in October visit: http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/whats-new-on-netflix-shows-movies/ and for a complete list of shows being removed during the month visit: http://www.glamour.com/entertainment/blogs/obsessed/2015/09/everything-thats-leaving-netfl?mbid=nl_093015_Monthly_glamourgram&CNDID=11650998&spMailingID=8116976&spUserID=MjQ2NTc3MTc2MjMS1&spJobID=780033883&spReportId=NzgwMDMzODgzS0

Emily Stephens, Staff Writer