Nail Appointment at School?

With Homecoming a fresh memory and fall activities clogging up our schedules, it’s hard to find time to get ready for the dances and other big events outside of school. But luckily, the cosmetology class offers a solution.

One of my close friends mentioned that she was getting her nails done during the school day for Homecoming. At first, I was extremely confused, but then she explained that the cosmetology students have time slots during the week. A paint-job is $5, which is a great deal for a manicure.

So, I booked a time for 11:30 with Autumn Rayman, who also happens to be one of my close friends and is amazing with nails.

I knew that hair appointments were available to the public, but I didn’t know that anyone, even people from outside of Northview, could get their nails done. When I walked in, there was already another woman getting her nails painted at a professional station.

Rayman began to prepare my nails just like any other salon would do. She filed and applied a base coat before painting each nail white, the color that I’d decided on. Finally, she added on a top coat and even sprayed my fingers with a quick-dry treatment that helped speed up the drying process.

I was so impressed with the outcome, considering the fact that these are my fellow students, and also because the price was substantially low compared to most salons. However, I wouldn’t expect anything less from NV’s Cosmetology Department.

Overall, I would definitely get my nails done in the cosmotology room again. It’s a great option for students with free periods during the day who don’t have a lot of time after school and still want to pamper themselves. It’s also a helpful alternative for students on a budget.