The Student Prints

The Student News Site of Sylvania Northview High School

The Student Prints

The Student Prints

NHS blossoms into annual poinsettia sale

Looking for a present for that special someone? Or maybe you want to get a present for your mom? The National Honors Society’s annual Poinsettia Fund Raising Sale can give you a hand.

All members in NHS are selling poinsettias and anyone is able to purchase the plants including students, parents, and teachers. This is also the first year that the sales are being opened for businesses to purchase, according to NHS advisor Darla Omey.

“We had a business that was very interested in purchasing last year so I think overall, opening the fundraiser to businesses will really help our sales,” said Mrs. Omey.

The sales began on November 1 and will continue until November 14.

NHS is making the sale a competition among all members this year to aspire them to sell more, The person with the most sales will get to choose two friends and have a free lunch provided by Firehouse Subs. Every member in NHS is required to ask at least two teachers and two businesses to buy from them, according to Chairman of the Poinsettia Sale, senior Adam Downing.

“This prize is a great motivation because honestly, who doesn’t like free food? I am going to try and hit all my neighbor’s houses and my family to sell as much as I can,” Downing said.

The sale is a pre-paid event, meaning the customer must pay for the plants at the time of the order. All orders will be delivered to the school December 2.

Each plant comes in a variety of colors, prices, and sizes. Color options include red, white, pink, and marble and range in size from four and a half inch pots to ten-inch pots, according to Mrs. Omey.

All proceeds from the sale go to the NHS to help them pay for their honor chords, certificates, and pins for juniors who become NHS members.

“We are honored to support our students and the future students in NHS,” president of the National Honor Society Sydney Bihn said.

Kendall McCoy, Staff Writer